Have you seen the beautiful pocket pages being created over at The Lilypad? If pocket pages are intimidating, there are some fun templates in the store right now to make it easy:
Never made a pocket page? Here are five tips:
1. Any kit will work for a Pocket Page, but the ones with journal cards are more friendly! You can make your own journal cards, or even just fill a pocket with patterned paper. But for quick and easy, a kit like Little Dude that has Journal Cards that complement it are the best.
2. Pocket pages do not have to be weekly spreads. They can be a single page about a single event or a single moment. A pocket page can supplement a large event with photos alongside a regular layout. A pocket page can be reflective with then and now photos easily combined together.
3. Pick your template with the amount of photos in mind. You can always add more, or fill a pocket with something else. But if you have a 5 pocket template, and 8 photos, you may have trouble making it work.
4. Don’t be limited by the pocket. You can break the lines of the pockets letting words, flowers, tags, or strings overlap onto another square or two. You can combine squares, or separate a large square into smaller pieces.
5. Have fun! Pockets have no directions. Fill them with words and phrases like Anita did:
Or with pretty papers and photos like Carol did:
There are no rules, so enjoy the process and be sure to share your creations with us!